Pages

Monday, January 15, 2024

illustrate my own - Check Out this New Series

 

Quite a few years ago I wrote a series of books for children about Bible people. I was motivated to do so because when you see books about Bible people, they are usually about just a few Bible people and there are so many more people in the Bible with fantastic accounts of how they were able to know and walk with God. I enjoyed writing the Bible stories, but am not an artist, so I thought maybe it would be fun to write a series of books with an "illustrate my own" "twist" - so the children - and/or families - could illustrate their own books!

I didn't really do anything with the books - other than print and use them in my Sunday school class, so when I recently thought about the series, I decided to go ahead and release them on Amazon. Each Bible story introduces a real Bible hero who was a real person - just like us. There will also be ideas for ways families might put into practice some of the lessons they learn, but there are no illustrations in these books - the readers are able to become their own illustrators! They are a fun idea for families to do something new together as they work on the illustrations on a snowy or rainy day, in the evening, or perhaps this winter when it is cold outside.

In this series you will find books with Bible Heroes you know and those you do not know. You will also find books which focus on the Important Things Jesus Wants Us to Know. As the children you love read, or have read to them, and then work to illustrate these true stories, they will get to know these Bible people more - and most importantly, will learn how they are also able to know and walk with God! You will find out more about it at this link.

#illustratemyown #familyfun #realBibleheroes  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yes! illustrate my own Books ARE for You & the Children You Love

    The New Year has begun, so if you are looking for something fun you could give the children you love as a gift, consider getting some of...